Member Updates (COVID-19)
The following are the steps that we are taking, under the direction of Governor Reeve’s office and the Mississippi Department of State Health Services:
- Training sessions will be conducted under new equipment cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting protocols.
- Any employee showing signs of illness will be sent home immediately and not allowed to return until cleared by a physician.
- All employees will be required to use hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon entering the facility.
- All employees will be trained in proper hand-hygiene, cough/sneeze etiquette, cleanliness, sanitation, and how to properly wear face coverings.
- Equipment will be properly wiped down after each member’s usage.
- Additional disinfecting spray and paper towels stations have been added for sanitizing equipment.
- Hand sanitizer stations available for member usage.
- Staff will wipe down frequently touched surfaces such as free weight handles, cable accessories, equipment control panels and other high-touch surfaces.
- Indicators will be placed on the floors of the group exercise studios to ensure safe distancing between members.
- All land-based classes will be modified to 30 minutes to allow for proper cleaning procedures between classes.
- Signage will be placed throughout the facility reminding everyone of safe hygienic practices.
- Mask MUST be worn to enter the Medical Park Building, but are optional within the Healthplex.
- Social distancing should be practiced. Maintain at least 6 feet of separation from your fellow member. If not possible, other measures such as face-covering, hand hygiene, cough/sneeze etiquette, cleanliness, and sanitation should be rigorously practiced.
- Please disinfect equipment before and after usage.
- Utilize the hand sanitation stations upon entering the facility or wash hands with soap and water.
- Workout gloves that cover your hands from the wrist to the fingertips are encouraged.
- Outside of your own yoga mats, we will ask that members not bring their own equipment to the facility.
- Individuals age 65 and older, or those with a compromised immune system are at a greater risk of contracting the virus. Safe distancing is essential for this group.
- Self-screen before coming to the facility for any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Constant shaking with chills
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Exposure to someone who tested positive for COVID-19
- Known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19.
The adherence to the above guidelines should ensure a safe experience for everyone.