May 12, 2020
Singing River Healthplex Members,
The Singing River Healthplex team and I are excited to announce that we will re-open on Wednesday May 13th at 5:00 am with required safety-modifications for the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The health and wellness of our members and staff has always been our top priority. During the time that Singing River Healthplex has been closed, we have cleaned and sanitized all equipment surfaces and member touch-points, locker rooms, pools and pool decks, group exercise studios, and our childcare facilities. Our exercise machines and equipment have been rearranged and/or deactivated to ensure a minimum of six feet of separation between members. We have also set up a member health screening at our front desk (including an infrared thermal-temperature gun) to ensure member safety.
Since Singing River Healthplex closed March 17th and will re-open May 13th, the half-month dues credit from March will apply to the remainder of May. Normal billing will resume on June 1st. Special accommodations are available for those who may be at risk by returning at this time. Please call the front desk at 228-769-3430 to discuss your options.
The following are the steps that we will be taking, under the direction of Governor Reeve’s office and the Mississippi Department of State Health Services:
· Training sessions will be conducted under new equipment cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting protocols.
· Any employee showing signs of illness will be sent home immediately and not allowed to return until cleared by a physician.
· All employees will be required to use hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon entering the facility.
· All employees will be trained in proper hand-hygiene, cough/sneeze etiquette, cleanliness, sanitation and how to properly wear face coverings.
· Equipment will be properly wiped down after each member usage.
· Additional disinfecting spray and paper towels stations have been added for sanitizing equipment.
· Hand sanitizer stations available for member usage.
· Staff will wipe down frequently touched surfaces such as free weight handles, cable accessories, equipment control panels and other high-touch surfaces.
· Indicators will be placed on the floors of the group exercise studios to ensure safe distancing between members.
· All land-based classes will be modified to 30 minutes to allow for proper cleaning procedures between classes.
· Signage will be placed throughout the facility reminding everyone of safe hygienic practices.
· Social distancing should be practiced. Maintain at least 6 feet of separation from your fellow member. If not possible, other measures such as face covering, hand hygiene, cough/sneeze etiquette, cleanliness and sanitation should be rigorously practiced.
· Please disinfect equipment before and after usage.
· Utilize the hand sanitation stations upon entering the facility or wash hands with soap and water.
· Workout gloves that cover your hands from the wrist to the fingertips are encouraged.
· Outside of your own yoga mats, we will ask that members not bring their own equipment to the facility.
· Individuals age 65 and older, or those with a compromised immune system are at a greater risk of contracting the virus. Safe distancing is essential for this group.
· Self-screen before coming to the facility for any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19:
o Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
o Constant shaking with chills
o Sore throat
o Loss of taste or smell
o Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit.
o Exposure to someone who tested positive for COVID-19
o Known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19.
The adherence to the above guidelines should ensure a safe re-opening for everyone. We ask for your cooperation as we navigate through this ever changing time and encourage you to join us in ensuring that your Healthplex remains clean and safe for all members.
General Manager; Singing River Healthplex